Arming for the Apocalypse
Global economic meltdown. Widespread natural disaster. Disease pandemic. It doesn't matter the cause. In the coming Dark Age, the delicate supply infrastructures of modern society will collapse, and you will no longer have access to groceries, gasoline . . . or guns.
The time to assemble your arsenal is now, says author Jim Ballou, and here he guides you through the many crucial factors you must consider when selecting firearms for a postapocalyptic future. Some of the topics he covers include:
- What are the five basic questions you must ask yourself when selecting any handgun, rifle, or shotgun for the apocalypse?
- How can you squeeze surprisingly useful, life-saving service from older or low-value firearms?
- What vital support gear must you have when you are forced to become your own gun shop?
- Which types of ammunition will not only serve your survival needs, but also be available in quantity when ordinary sources run dry?
- What roles can multicaliber guns, backup guns, and alternative weapons to conventional firearms play in your survival plans?
- What practical modifications can you make to your guns to make them more suitable for postapocalypse survival?